Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Needles of Faith



Yesterday my friend Edna and I delivered 2 prayer blankets.One to a 84 year old woman in hospital,her son had put her on prayer list and also wasn't sure if she knew where she would go in the event of her death.God provided us an opportunity to witness to her and without a doubt she is going home to spend her life with the Lord.Relief and Glory for her son.She was really precious.
Other blanket went to a young woman she was home and recuperating from surgery,her husband was home helping her,lovely couple and they wanted to know all about our ministry.Husband even ask if we had had lunch he left for a bit and returned said "they would like to make a donation to our ministry and also buy us lunch" this was a surprise and what a blessing.God is so faithful even when we are not .Edna and I had talked about the weather and snow starting and maybe we would stay home but we prayed and ask the Lord to help us and of course He did and when we do His will we are so blessed.Sometimes it is not always easy and have to remind ourselves who we are working for and why.
We went and had a great lunch,and will put the donation in our ministry fund.
Well today is another story we ended up getting 12.5 inches of snow and it has kept me in so I thought maybe I would try and take a picture of our prayer blanket and baby blankets and chemo caps my camera is old and I am not much better at taking pictures than I am at this blogging stuff but maybe you can get the just of some of what Needles of Faith makes we also make burp cloths and afghans for a shelter and sweaters for a program out of New York that sends them overseas to children in really cold places.There are 10 talented women who work very hard to keep items made.I feel so blessed to be a part of this ministry.We make sure we pray as we are making items and with those we are able to deliver them to.

1 comment:

Tina said...

That is just awesome. I remember when we were trying to come up with a name for your ministry and now look how it's grown. You women are amzing!! You might want to put on your blog you need donations, yarn and money.

Hugs
Sis